Pledge your birthday
One of the most impactful ways to fundraise for AIM is to pledge your birthday (or another gift-giving holiday such as bar/bat mitzvah, Christmas, or wedding). Simply put, you invite friends and family to donate in your honor, in lieu of gifts, and in support of your desire to raise funds for the cure.
We make it easy. You can use Facebook or AIM’s system.
Use Your Facebook Page
Here’s how it works:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Click Select Nonprofit and choose AIM at Melanoma.
- Add a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create.
Your friends are notified of your cause on your actual birthday, and you can also invite your friends directly to the fundraiser, so they’ll feel personally compelled to donate. That’s it. Facebook takes care of the rest.
Use AIM’s System
Our system makes it incredibly easy to set up a birthday (or another holiday) fundraiser:
- Register on our site. You personalize your page with a photo and text, and we give you a customized URL, which allows you to easily share it with all you know.
- Set your fundraising goal. The amount is up to you!
- Get the word out. Email and text your birthday fundraiser to friends and family. Post it on social media. Ask for support.
That’s it! AIM sends a thank you/tax acknowledgment for every gift to your page.