A gift of publicly traded stock can be a win-win for you and AIM at Melanoma.
Check with your tax advisor for your specific situation, but the following are general benefits of giving publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that was owned for more than one year:
- Donor avoids paying any capital gains tax on the increase in value of your stock
- Donor receives a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of the gift.
- Donor may also save by not incurring brokerage fees because due to transferring ownership
- Transferring gifts of stock before December 31st allows donors to claim the tax deduction on that year’s tax return.
The most important benefit is that a gift like this allows you to support the vital work of AIM at Melanoma.
Please follow these directions to give AIM a gift of stock:
- Send us an email and let us know of your gift: the name of the corporation, number of shares, expected transfer date and name/contact information of your broker. It’s critical that you let us know of a gift so we can thank you and send you a tax acknowledgment.
- Instruct your broker to deliver shares to the AIM at Melanoma account at JPMorgan Securities
- DTC 0352
- For benefit of account #202-11873
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Rowell. Thank you for your support.
AIM at Melanoma is proud to have earned Guidestar’s 2021 Platinum Seal of Transparency. As a non-profit organization, we are committed to maintaining transparency with our current and prospective donors and stakeholders. This achievement indicates that we have added substantial information to our nonprofit profile on Guidestar, which makes pertinent information about our organization available to our community members and each of Guidestar’s 10 million+ users.