You can make a difference in melanoma research today.
A gift of publicly traded stock can be a win-win for you and AIM at Melanoma.
Check with your tax advisor for your specific situation, but the following are general benefits of giving publicly traded stock that has increased in value and that was owned for more than one year:
- Donor avoids paying any capital gains tax on the increase in value of your stock
- Donor receives a tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock on the date of the gift.
- Donor may also save by not incurring brokerage fees due to transferring ownership
- Transferring gifts of stock before December 31st allows donors to claim the tax deduction on that year’s tax return.
The most important benefit is that a gift like this allows you to support the vital work of AIM at Melanoma.
Please follow these directions to give AIM a gift of stock:
- Send us an email and let us know of your gift: the name of the corporation, number of shares, expected transfer date and name/contact information of your broker. It’s critical that you let us know of a gift so we can thank you and send you a tax acknowledgment.
- Instruct your broker to deliver shares to the AIM at Melanoma account at JPMorgan Securities
- DTC 0352
- For benefit of account #202-11873
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Rowell. Thank you for your support.
A gift to AIM through a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), also known as IRA Charitable Rollover Gift, can greatly benefit both you and AIM.
QCDs are distributions paid directly from an Individual Retirement Account to a charity. In most cases, QCDs lower a donor’s overall taxable income and are one of the most tax-efficient ways to make a charitable gift. Individuals who are 70.5 years of age or older can give a QCD from a traditional IRA and can use QCDs to meet their Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) for the year.
A single person may give up to $100,000 per year, and a married couple may give up to $200,000 per year from separate accounts.
Check with your financial advisor for your specific situation, but the following are general benefits of giving from your IRA:
- It’s easy: Just contact your plan administrator
- It’s tax-savvy: Distributions made directly to charity are not treated as taxable income
- It’s necessary: Distributions qualify for all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD)
Interested in giving AIM a gift via a QCD? Contact your plan administrator and give them AIM’s information: AIM at Melanoma, Attention: Alicia Rowell, 3040 Cutting Blvd., Richmond CA 94804 |Fed Tax ID: 56-2427805
The information contained on this page is intended for educational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, tax, or other professional advice. Please consult with your attorney, tax advisor, or accountant before making any gift.
AIM at Melanoma is proud to have earned Guidestar’s 2021 Platinum Seal of Transparency. As a non-profit organization, we are committed to maintaining transparency with our current and prospective donors and stakeholders. This achievement indicates that we have added substantial information to our nonprofit profile on Guidestar, which makes pertinent information about our organization available to our community members and each of Guidestar’s 10 million+ users.