Giving Tuesday 2018
Seven years ago, something happened that inspired over 30,000 diverse organizations, individuals, and communities to create change in our world. It was called #GivingTuesday. This global movement encourages people around the world to give back, but for nonprofits like AIM at Melanoma, it was an additional opportunity to inspire people to make a difference.
On Tuesday, November 27th, on this global day of giving, you will have a lot of opportunities to make a difference. But your money will go further and help more people diagnosed with melanoma when you donate to AIM at Melanoma. For us, every day is a day to give hope to people diagnosed with melanoma. That means we need as much support as possible, every single day.
That support goes directly toward programs like our free Living With Melanoma symposiums for patients and caregivers, our helpline for information and support from our oncology nurse, and our research initiatives to help accelerate the search for a cure for melanoma. It’s easy to see how this one day can have such an incredible impact.
On this global day of giving, please give and help us put an end to melanoma.
How You Can Participate
Connect with us on social media to get updates and reminders about #GivingTuesday
Twitter – Help spread the word by using one of these sample tweets!
- Give back to help end #melanoma on Nov 27 #GivingTuesday www.AIMatMelanoma.org/givingtuesday Support @AIMatMelanoma. #whynotnow Tweet it!
- Unite to give! #GivingTuesday is Nov 27. Help give hope to people diagnosed with melanoma. #whynotnow Support @AIMatMelanoma. www.AIMatMelanoma/givingtuesday Tweet it!
- Have you marked your calendar yet? #GivingTuesday is Nov 27. #donate #whynotnow www.AIMatmelanoma/givingtuesday Tweet it!
- You’ve heard of #BlackFriday & #CyberMonday. Now let’s talk about #GivingTuesday. #whynotnow www.AIMatMelanoma.org/givingtuesday Tweet it!
Help Us Fundraise by Using Facebook
1. Start a Fundraising Campaign. Here’s How:
1. Sign into https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers and click Start Fundraiser.
2. Type AIM at Melanoma in the Nonprofit search field and click on AIM at Melanoma when you see it populate. Our profile will have the verified checkmark.
3. Select our cover photo (or create your own).
4. Add the title, “Imagine a World Without Melanoma!”
5. Tell Your Story. Be sure to include #GivingTuesday, #WHYNOTNOW in your story.
6. Add an end date.
7. Adjust your Fundraising Goal.
8. From there, you can invite friends, share on your News Feed, or send a message with the fundraiser details.
2. Join Our Campaign: Imagine a World Without Melanoma
Make a $5.00 donation to AIM at Melanoma and then tag 5 of your friends and ask them to match your $5.00 gift. Make sure to use the hashtag #whynotnow in your post.
Post this badge of support on your Facebook! Right-click on the image below and save it to your computer, then upload it to your Facebook timeline.